[BioPython] bio.pdb.mmcif does not exist

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Wed May 9 10:59:01 UTC 2007

(Forgot to reply to the mainling list last time, sending again)

Jean Lechner wrote:
> Hello
>

> I have installed Biopython without any problems but when I try tu use
> the mmcif parser or the mmcif2dict, I have a error saying the mmcif
> package does not exist.
>
> How can I install this package ?

Hi Jean,

Are you using Windows, Linux, MacOS, other?
How did you install Biopython? (and out of interest, which version?)

As you can read on the download page, you will need flex (The Fast
Lexical Analyzer) to compile the Bio.PDB.mmCIF.MMCIFlex module. On Linux
(and other Unix like systems) this is actually very straight forward.
This may be the same issue here...