[BioPython] BLAST SNP access?

Zachary Zhipeng Sun zsun at fas.harvard.edu
Thu Mar 22 03:41:22 UTC 2007

Hello,

Thank you for the Bioython tools! They are proving increasingly useful in my
research. I had a question regarding a tool extension, however - is there
any link in biopython to query the BLAST SNP database, or does anyone know
of this being under development? If not, I am not too familiar with the
backend of biopython but I was looking to be able to automate BLAST SNP
searches; does anyone have advice on how to start coding this into the
biopython environment, or to a version of NCBIWWW.py ? Thanks for your help!

Best,

Zachary Sun