[BioPython] Bio.Kabat and the Kabat Database

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Mar 6 16:27:58 UTC 2007

I've been looking though the modules in BioPython, and had a closer look
at Bio.Kabat written by Katharine Lindner in 2001 to parse files from
the Kabat database of proteins of immunological interest:

http://www.kabatdatabase.com/

Quoting the website,

> Interested parties may purchase the Database, in ASCII text
> structured flat files, as well as an SQL relationship database (not
> previously available), for $2250 US.
>
> This one-time license fee is unrestricted, except for distribution.
>
> Analysis Tools
>
> The searching and analysis tools are additionally available.
> Included are generalized lookup, aligned sequence searching light
> chain alignment, length distribution, positional correlation,
> variability, and much more.  Please contact for quote.

Does anyone use the Bio.Kabat code?  Could we (or should we) mark it as
depreciated for the next release of BioPython?