[BioPython] blast parsing errors

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Mar 5 14:55:38 UTC 2007

Julius Lucks wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to parse a bunch of blast results that I gather via
> NCBIWWW.qblast().  I have the following code snipit:

You didn't say which version of BioPython you are using, I would guess
1.42 - there have been some Bio.Blast changes since than.

Your example sequence was "ATCG", but you ran a "blastp" search.  Did
you really mean the peptide Ala-Thr-Cys-Gly here?

If you meant to do a nucleotide search, try using "blastn" and "nr"
instead.  That should work better.

However, there is still something funny going on.  I tried your example
as is using the CVS code, and it fails before it even gets the blast
results back...

Could you save the XML output to a file and email it to me; or even
better file a bug an attach the XML file to the bug.

Thanks