[BioPython] Cannot parse ApE plasmid editor GenBank file

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Jun 27 18:26:28 UTC 2007

Martin MOKREJŠ wrote:
> OK, I have removed the COMMENT lines altogether and have fixed the ORGANISM
> line. Still, I get ...

With hindsight I should have suggested something like this:

DEFINITION  .
ACCESSION   .
VERSION     .
SOURCE      .
   ORGANISM  .
             .
COMMENT     ApEinfo:methylated:0
FEATURES             Location/Qualifiers

There are usually line(s) after the ORGANISM line which hold the
taxonomy, and Biopython was failing when this was missing.

I have just updated CVS with a fix (see files Bio/GenBank/Scanner.py and
__init__.py) for when these lines are missing or empty.

You said you had resolved the LOCUS line issue with ApE plasmid editor's
output - so hopefully its files should work with Biopython now.