[BioPython] What to do with BLAST XML syntax error?

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Sun Jun 17 19:01:48 UTC 2007

Very likely what is returned is not XML at all, but HTML or a server
error code (thus triggering the XML error since it isn't XML).  IIRC
you have to loop every x seconds to check the RID, then retrieve the
results; every server check could theoretically have some unforeseen
server error.

With BioPerl this is checked using the response object returned from
every RID request:

if ($response->is_error) {
    # throw some relevant error
}

Hate to say but I'm not sure how this would be handled via Python.

chris