[BioPython] AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'parse'

I. Friedberg idoerg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 16:54:30 UTC 2007

I just tried to install biopython in Ubuntu Feisty and the installation
breaks:

% sudo apt-get install python-biopython

[... lots of apt install log messages...]

Setting up python-biopython (1.42-2) ...
Compiling /var/lib/python-support/python2.5/Bio/Wise/dnal.py ...
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/Bio/Wise/dnal.py", line 5
    from __future__ import division
SyntaxError: from __future__ imports must occur at the beginning of the file

How come you managed to install?