[BioPython] info_dictionary

Giovanni Marco Dall'Olio dalloliogm at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 09:31:03 UTC 2007

Hi Irene!
If I understand your problem correctly, you have a dictionary in which the
keys are created by concatenating many variables:

dict_key = AA + '_' + num + '_' + dssp + '....'

In my humble opinion, it's bad to create this kind of dictionary... it's
better to use a more branched structure, e.g.:

dict_dssp = {dssp : {AA : {num : (structure, ...), ...}, ...}, ...}

which is easier to handle, so for example you can extract the keys with
dict_dssp.items (to get a list of all the dssps) or dict_dssp[dssp1].items
(for all the items in a given dssp), and so on.

Anyway, if you can't change to this structure you can find some useful
information here:
- http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Python/Cookbook/Recipe/52306