[BioPython] Cannot parse ApE plasmid editor GenBank file

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Jun 27 14:58:29 UTC 2007

Martin MOKREJŠ wrote:
> OK, I have found the spacing problem with my LOCUS lines still to persist,
> and after some scripting I got the lines fixed.

Excellent. I've been away for a few days and haven't had a chance to
look at this yet.

> The file starts with:
>
> LOCUS       pBL-RLuc-GBB+3-III      5391 bp    ds-DNA  circular SYN 14-JUN-2007
> DEFINITION  .
> ACCESSION   .
> VERSION     .
> SOURCE      .
>    ORGANISM  .
> COMMENT
> COMMENT     ApEinfo:methylated:0
> FEATURES             Location/Qualifiers

The ORGANISM line looks wrong (three leading spaces rather than two, so
the dot is pushed one column to the right).

There is a blank COMMENT line which is also odd.

Some of this may just be an email formatting issue, but I would expect
this instead:

DEFINITION  .
ACCESSION   .
VERSION     .