[BioPython] os.system problem with clustalw

Emanuel Hey jodyhey at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 25 16:23:18 UTC 2007

Peter

Thanks.

Actually do_alignment() is not working for me for just
names,  even without directories.

>>> cline = MultipleAlignCL('data.faa')
>>> str(cline)
'clustalw -INFILE=data.faa'
>>> align = do_alignment(cline)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#6>", line 1, in <module>
    align = do_alignment(cline)
  File "C:\Program
Files\Python25\lib\site-packages\Bio\Clustalw\__init__.py",
line 117, in do_alignment
    % (out_file, command_line))
IOError: Output .aln file data.aln not produced,
commandline: clustalw -INFILE=data.faa

Is this me?  I think I got the new __init__.py
installed ok.

jhey

http://cvs.biopython.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/biopython/Bio/Clustalw/__init__.py?cvsroot=biopython