[BioPython] Transcription

Michael Fahy fahy at chapman.edu
Mon Jul 16 16:39:42 UTC 2007

It would have helped me avoid some confusion if the Tutorial had mentioned
the difference between sequences from the coding strand and from the
template strand and the fact that the transcribe function in BioPython
expects a sequence from the coding strand.  My biology colleagues here seem
to prefer thinking of transcribing the sequence from the template strand.
It's not a big deal now that we understand what the intent is, but it caused
some misunderstanding at first.