[BioPython] Biopython Installation on CentOS

Shameer Khadar skhadar at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 13:10:24 UTC 2007

Dear Bassi and Peter,
thanks for ur inputs,

> Could you find the command (run by setup.py) that caused this gcc
> error? i.e. somewhere near the end of the output from 'python setup.py
> build' (I'm hoping to see which part of Biopython is causing the
> problem)

yes, it happened when i run python setup.py

What version of python do you have installed?

Python-2.4.4

What version of gcc do you have installed?

i have no gcc, but i installed it and also the python-dev, after that it
worked !!

Do you have flex installed?

what is the purpose of this flex

Have you been able to install any other python modules from source?
> (e.g. some of the recommended packages or dependencies like Numeric?)

got same error for all, after installing python-dev and gcc, its done.
many thanks,
--
Shameer Khadar
NCBS-TIFR