[BioPython] BioPython Intro Level Documentation

Julius Lucks lucks at fas.harvard.edu
Fri Jan 19 22:04:48 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I have been using BioPython for some time now, and am interested in
contributing to the project.  It seems to me that there is a big need
for some more introductory-level documentation, along the lines of
what the BioPerl community gives.  As a start, I created a Getting
Started page modeled off the equivalent page for BioPerl at

http://biopython.org/wiki/Getting_Started

Pages like these give users a quick glimpse into BioPython.  In
particular, I would like to create some quick code snippets both as
part of a quick start guide, and to show people that BioPython is not
any more complicated than BioPerl. In my opinion, the main Tutorial/
Cookbook is a great place to start if you have already committed to
using BioPython, but a little daunting if you are just trying to get
a feel for things.

Please let me know if the wiki is an appropriate place for these
contributions.

Cheers,

Julius

http://openwetware.org/wiki/User:Lucks