[BioPython] Installing Biopython

Thenaturenook1 at aol.com Thenaturenook1 at aol.com
Sat Jan 13 09:54:17 UTC 2007

Hi,
I have just installed biopython on my Mandriva 2007 Linux system.  Python 2.4
was preinstalled so all I was required to do was to install the  required
dependencies and biopython itself. Bioython was  unpacked  successfully, but when
I navigated to biopython and  typed python setup.py install, I was told that
the directory that biopython was  being sent to did not exist. Python 2.4 is
definately there, so is there anyway  that I can alter where biopython tries to
install itself too. If so, where  exactly in the python folder does it need
to be extracted to?

Thanks,
Tim