[BioPython] Sequences and alignments

Ramon Crehuet rcsqtc at iiqab.csic.es
Mon Feb 5 12:40:57 UTC 2007

Dear all,
I have done an alignment with TM align and now I need to compare some
numerical data associated to each structure residue by residue,
according to the alignment. Imagine I have an array of the B-factor of
each C_alpha and want to compare these values for equivalent residues,
according to the alignment.
    I am quite new to the subject of alignments and don't know how to
deal with this data. I've looked at the biopython documentation but I
can't find any hint.
    Ideally I would like to be able to iterate along the alignment, but
is that possible? I'm sure this raises many points on how to treat gaps,
etc. but I was wondering if somebody has some experience on that.
Cheers,
Ramon