[BioPython] Do you mean Numpy or Numeric?

Christian Meesters meesters at uni-mainz.de
Mon Feb 5 08:40:21 UTC 2007

Hi

On Friday 02 February 2007 20:00, Peter wrote:
> BioPython will have to move from Numeric to NumPy at some point anyway...

Just FYI: I might point at a recent discussion on the numpy-mainlinglist:
http://projects.scipy.org/pipermail/numpy-discussion/2007-January/025796.html

Travis Oliphant - one of the main scipy/numpy-authors offered help migrating
libraries which depent on Numeric to numpy. Biophython was actually mentioned
as one of the packages which might profit from some support, but I don't know
whether some of the Biophython authors jumped in or even is aware of that
thread ...

Cheers
Christian