[BioPython] CVS and Fink Installations

Julius Lucks lucks at fas.harvard.edu
Sun Feb 4 20:22:50 UTC 2007

Hey Guys,

I am using biopython 1.42 (with python 2.5) installed with fink on an
OSX platform.  However, I am getting more interested in biopython
development these days, and would like to check out the latest code
from CVS.  The problem is I would also like my fink version to stay
around as a stable version that I can rely on for my research if
something is buggy in the latest CVS.

Do you have any suggestions on how to have BOTH the fink and CVS code
installed such that I can switch between the two?

I appreciate your help and any suggestions on how you guys deal with
unstable biopython development code and code you need to be stable
for your other work.

Cheers,

Julius

http://openwetware.org/wiki/User:Lucks