[BioPython] Adding new database types to EUtils

Luca Beltrame luca.beltrame at unimi.it
Tue Dec 4 11:21:12 UTC 2007

Il Tuesday 04 December 2007 12:16:36 Peter ha scritto:

> Once you have downloaded the GEO files, what do you plan to do with them?
> Biopython's GEO parser is very basic...

It was mostly to check their basic description to see if they were feasible to
be included in my current work. As I have a large list of accessions,
fetching them all at once would reduce the time needed to go through them. To
be more clear, downloading their summary.

> P.S. If you use R/BioConductor, I would recommend Sean Davis' GEOquery
> for this sort of thing.

I mostly use it when I need to download data set information and expression
levels. For this simpler task, I turned to Python first as GEOquery has some
performance issues on my machine.

I'll take a look at NCBI's EUils and see if they support GEO. Thanks for the
tip.

--
Luca Beltrame, MSc. - Molecular Medicine PhD Student
Dipartimento di Scienze e Tecnologie Biomediche - UniMI