[BioPython] blast output xml

Sebastian Bassi sbassi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 17:48:33 UTC 2007

On 8/1/07, Michiel De Hoon <mdehoon at c2b2.columbia.edu> wrote:
> As a note to the developers:
> We should ask ourselves if distributing packages for various linuxes is
> really a good idea. Installing Biopython isn't all that hard, and the
> packages for linux tend to get behind as new Biopython versions come out,
> causing confusion for our users.

I think that packages should be distributed, but with a clear warning
about the benefits of installing the last version.
In some webhostings, webmasters won't let you install a tar.gz
package, but they would allow you to install a package in
Debian/Ubuntu repositories (for security reasons).
Best,
SB.

--
Bioinformatics news: http://www.bioinformatica.info