[BioPython] Biopython in Freespire

Sebastian Bassi sbassi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 13:10:33 UTC 2006

On 9/29/06, Peter <biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> You seeming to be trying to install Numeric 24.2, rather than the newer
> array package Numpy as stated earlier in your email.
> http://numpy.scipy.org/
> I have never installed either from source, so I can't help you there.

The problem was that I didn´t have python2.4-dev packae installed.
After installing it, I could install Numeric from source.
I didn´t know about Numpy, I just followed the current online
documentation in http://biopython.org/wiki/Download
See here:

 Required Software

    * Python 2.3 or above
    * A C compiler -- you need a C compiler supported by distutils.
gcc will work fine on UNIX-like platforms
    * mxTextTools
    * Numerical Python (version 24.2 recommended)

What should I do now? Uninstall it? Or may I use Numeric?
I am not in my computer right now, but then I will install mxText
Tools and last biopython.

--
Bioinformatics news: http://www.bioinformatica.info
Lriser: http://www.linspire.com/lraiser_success.php?serial=318