[BioPython] Martel-based parsing of Unigene flat files

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Sat Oct 21 01:20:21 UTC 2006

I am relatively new to python and biopython (coming from perl side of
things).  I would like to make a parser for Unigene flat file format.
However, after digging through the LocusLink parsing code (as probably
the most similar format, etc.), I'm still at a loss for how Martel-based
parsing works.  I understand the big picture (converting an re-based
parsing of a file into events), but it is the detail that I am missing.
I know about pydoc, but the pydoc for much of Martel is not very helpful
to me, at least not in my current state of knowledge.  Any suggestions
on how to get started?

Thanks,
Sean