[BioPython] Genbank parsing problem and fix

gca500 at york.ac.uk gca500 at york.ac.uk
Mon Oct 2 19:46:02 UTC 2006

Hi All,

Been having a problem using the Genbank RecordParser with some Genbank
files that have recently been added to NCBI. After a bit of trial and
error, I realised the problem only occurs if a REFERENCE field isn't
followed by an AUTHOR field (for example in reference 2 of this record:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/viewer.fcgi?db=protein&val=88602864).

There's a very easy fix on line 289 of Genbank.py. Decided to post this to
the list to save any one else who stumbles across this problem tearing
their hair out like I've been doing this afternoon!

Change:

authors_block +

to:

Martel.Opt(authors_block) +