[BioPython] Querying Entrez Gene - Use EUtils

Srinivas Iyyer srini_iyyer_bio at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 9 02:03:45 UTC 2006

Hello,

Previously, I used to download those flat files from
NCBI ftp site.

In fact, the most powerful 'nukes' created by NCBI
staff to query Entrez named 'eUtils' are under
utilized.

I suggest you to take a look at :
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query/static/eutils_help.html

I tried Dalke's Eutils module. There appears to be
some (problem) with the modules, although some of the
other examples worked.

I wish Andrew Dalke or other elders of BioPython help
us more by making it more clear. Andrew himself wrote
that he does not have time to make it better. I wish I
am a better programmer to help him.

If not try using SOAP to query Entrez.