[BioPython] Need help parsing Blastoutput

Sebastian Bassi sbassi at gmail.com
Thu May 4 19:45:56 UTC 2006

On 5/4/06, Martin MOKREJŠ <mmokrejs at ribosome.natur.cuni.cz> wrote:
> I still do think it is worth the effort to keep it in the tree, for
> study purposes and for the fact that not everybody uses XML formatted output
> yet. ;-)

While I agree that nobody is using XML output by default (I also use
text or HTML output), I think people will use the XML output if they
BLAST knowing that they will parse it using Biopython. So I think that
text parser should stay in Biopython, but examples in documentation
should be in XML.

--
Bioinformatics news: http://www.bioinformatica.info
Lriser: http://www.linspire.com/lraiser_success.php?serial=318