[BioPython] GenBank parsing

Peter (BioPython List) biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Tue May 2 10:41:11 UTC 2006

Kyle Dent wrote:
> Hey Peter,
>
> Thanks for the help, that updated managed to solve a
> separate problem I encountered with a genbank file I
> downloaded in December.
>
> Unfortunately my existing problem stands. Here is the
> latest complaint (curtosy of the revised parser):

..

> I had examined the difference between Genbank files
> downloaded recently with those I downloaded in the
> past (its been a few months since Ive had to work with
> this). The major difference is a TITLE field which
> adjacent to the ACCESSION field. BioEdit seems to add
> these title fields as well, hence my not being able to
> parse BioEdited genbank files either.
>
> Help with this would be greatly appreciated,
>
> Regards,

I've just checked with a random small bacterial genomes, freshly
downloaded from the NCBI, and don't have a problem here: There is no
"TITLE" as part of the "ACCESSION" line.

Could you post a link to one of these "problem files" please?

(Or send a copy directly to me only, off the mailing list to avoid
clogging up everyone else's mailboxes)

Thanks