[BioPython] plain txt blast output - xml instead

Rohini Damle rohini.damle at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 16:36:27 UTC 2006

Hi,
I am using BioPython 1.41 on windows I have also updated
NcbIstandalone.pyfor the link u gave. here is my code.

from Bio.Blast import NCBIStandalone
from Bio.Blast import NCBIXML
blast_out = open("4proteinblast.xml","r")
b_iterator = NCBIStandalone.Iterator(blast_out, NCBIXML.BlastParser())

for b_record in b_iterator :
        query_name = b_record.query
        print query_name
       for alignment in b_record.alignments:
               print '****Alignment****'
               print 'sequence:', alignment.title

This code gives "sequences producing significant alignments for all the 4
proteins
#but printing querry name as P1
I mean I am getting all the information I want but I have 4 protein querries
and this code is giving only P1 as a query (not P2, P3, P4 but giving
information about them) I ma attachin the xml file of 4 protein blast
results.
_thank you for your help.