[BioPython] problems when parsing blast output

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Jan 17 05:28:36 EST 2006

Alessandro S. Nascimento wrote:
 > Hi all,
 >
 > I am trying to write something very simpleto parse very extense blast
 > output file. But when I try something as described in web's cookbook i
 > get the following error message:

 > SyntaxError: Line does not start with 'Query=':
 > Reference for composition-based statistics:
 >
 > Does anyone have any idea?

I don't remember seeing a reference line for "composition-based
statistics" before.

Could you send us the command line you are using (i.e. what options did
you give to BLASTALL).

We would probably also need to the the output file.  If it is very
large, could you create a smaller one (e.g. different input) which shows
the same problem?

If you like, you could submit a bug report, and then attach the blast
output file to it (this saves emailing a large file to everyone on the
list).

It looks like you are using Linux.  We would also like to know which
version of BioPython you are using (1.41 maybe?).

Thank you