[BioPython] GO term annotation from fasta?

Alan Wardroper biopython at wardroper.org
Thu Dec 21 23:21:40 UTC 2006

I have a large db of est clones and associated assemblies I'd like to
(roughly) annotate using GO terms to let the wetlab people concentrate
on potentially interesting clones. Looking for some advice on where to
start to do this with biopython. My feeling is something like generate
fasta files from my mysql db, blast the sequences against genbank, parse
out the top hit, and use those IDs to grab GO terms, but I'm not sure
how best to proceed. Is there a better way to do this in biopython?  I
can't see any way to do blastx or tblastx from bp, with qblast only
supporting blastn and blastp.
Thanks for any pointers.

--
Alan Wardroper