[BioPython] XML Parser problem

Michiel Jan Laurens de Hoon mdehoon at c2b2.columbia.edu
Mon Dec 11 16:24:22 UTC 2006

It looks like you are running an old version of Blast. When blasting
several sequences at the same time, old blast makes an output file
consisting of several XML files concatenated together. According to the
XML specification, this is not a well-formed XML file.

There are two things you can do:
1) Continue using the old blast, and use NCBIStandalone.Iterator to
parse the output file. See section 3.1.6 in the tutorial.
2) Update to the new blast, which creates a well-formed XML file, and
see my next mail about the XML parser.

--Michiel.

--
Michiel de Hoon
Center for Computational Biology and Bioinformatics