[BioPython] Bio.PDB : loading Big PDB with segments

Peter (BioPython List) biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Aug 1 17:19:45 UTC 2006

Arturas Ziemys wrote:
> HI
>
> I deal with big PDB files, but PDB files have different segments and
> each segments have restarted residue id numbering, because each time
> it exceeds 9999: when I load such a PDB file, I get error each time
> the line with the same resid number from another segment is met. It
> seems those lines are skipped and are not loaded.
>
> Does anybody knows how to tune Bio.PDb module to correct it or any
> other way ?

Are these "big PDB files" downloaded directly from the PDB, another
database, or generated by some other software?

If they are publicly available could you post a link so other people can
investigate a little more (e.g. example PDB ID codes)

Do you know enough about the file format to say if these files are
following the standard or breaking it?  (If we do need to fix the parser
it has a permissive mode (default) and a strict mode).