[BioPython] Smith Waterman

James Stroud jstroud at mbi.ucla.edu
Thu Sep 29 16:34:18 EDT 2005

Hello Everyone,

I am brand new to the biopython mailing list but I've been a python programmer
for some time. Anyway, I have what I think is a naieve question, but I have
tried to google this and I can't for the life of my find a complete answer
anywhere. Basically, I want to do a Smith-Waterman with a Blosum matrix. I
think I have the latest distro of biopython.

I have found the pairwise2 module and determined that I need:

 pairwise2.align.localdd()

But I'm not sure where the Blosum Matrix is in the biopython API. Any
suggestions? A code snippet would be a lot of help.

James

--
James Stroud
Box 951570