[BioPython] Fwd: An interface to the maximum-likelihood programs of PHYLIP

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Sep 2 10:21:55 EDT 2005

Robert Wilson <rjw500 at cs.york.ac.uk> wrote:
 > I am studying for an MSc in Information Processing at York  University
 > in the UK. As part of the course I am carrying out a  short research
 > project with Dr. James Cussens. I chose to develop  an interface in
 > Python to the maximum-likelihood programs of the  phylogenetic
 > analysis package PHYLIP. The code is based on the  modules available
 > in Biopython and I was wondering if you would be  interested in
 > incorporating it into the next release of Biopython.

I did have a look at scripting PHYLIP some time ago, but the lack of
command line arguments made this less than straight forward.

Your work sounds very interesting, and should make a useful addition to
BioPython.  We will have to see what the maintainers make of it.

Do you have a link to the code?

Good documentation/examples would really be a bonus.

Thanks