[BioPython] Changes in NCBI BLAST output format

Martina boehme at mpiib-berlin.mpg.de
Tue Sep 6 11:26:27 EDT 2005

Hello,

shouldn't the suggestion by Alexander in the _Scanner class:
"
     change:
         attempt_read_and_call(uhandle, consumer.noevent, start='<p>')
     to:
         attempt_read_and_call(uhandle, consumer.noevent)
"
be changed to something like:
        read_and_call_while(uhandle, consumer.noevent, blank=1)?

At least, that is what is working in my case.
This is because of the 2 different types of return files: one with the
queries first, the other with the database info first. If it is database
first, then there is an additional blank line which gave me problems.

Martina

meames at itsa.ucsf.edu wrote:
> Yes, I have also observed a similar problem -
>
> The new BLAST output has an extra empty line between the "RID:" line
> and the "<b>Database:" line, which chokes the parser. A temporary (albeit
> bad programming) solution would be to eliminate the line in the saved
> BLAST output file before passing it on the parser.
>
> Matt
>
> On 5 Sep 2005 11:10:39 +0200 "Martina" wrote:
>

>>Hello Michiel,
>>
>>I got your fix for NCBIWWW.py from the CVS, but now I get a diffrent
>>error message:   SyntaxError: Line does not contain 'Database':
>>.
.
.