[BioPython] Extracting residue list from PDB

Iddo Friedberg idoerg at burnham.org
Fri Oct 28 12:07:53 EDT 2005

Hi Gad,

The reason the chains seem to be of the wrong length, is that they are
generated from the ATOM records, rather than the SEQRES records. Those
disagree often enough in PDB files.
This problem does not exists in mmCIF, I believe.

Using your code, I got only six chains, so I cannot comment on the
second problem.

Best,

./I

--