[BioPython] Comment/Suggestion about Bio.PDB.Polypeptide class. How to keep gaps information ?

Julie Bernauer julie.bernauer at ibbmc.u-psud.fr
Wed May 25 04:59:58 EDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 20:26 +0200, thamelry at binf.ku.dk wrote:
> Hi Julie,
> [...]
> I'll try to add this, but I'm busy at the moment (4 articles in the
> pipeline), but you're welcome to give it a try and send me your code :-).

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your quick answer.

Here is a quick and dirty hack that works for me, just see whether you
may use it:

class BrokenPolypeptide(list):
    """
    A broken polypeptide is simply a list of polypeptide objects.
    """
    def get_sequence(self):
        """
        Return the AA sequence, filling gap or unknown residue with X.

        @return: polypeptide sequence
        @rtype: L{Seq}
        """
        s=""