[BioPython] retrieve results with RID

Jessica Leigh jleigh at dal.ca
Tue May 17 13:13:49 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm new to BioPython, and what I REALLY want to do is use blastp,
restricting results to a particular entrez query.  The blast function
allows me to do this, but not the qblast... this would be a useful
addition, it's really easy to add.  My real problem, though, is this:
when I use either blast or qblast, instead of getting a blast result
page, I get the RID page (the one that says "This page will NOT be
automatically updated.")  I know that this is just NCBI being a pain,
but is there any function in BioPython that allows me to retrieve the
results associated with an RID?

Thanks,
Jessica