[BioPython] Difference between URLAPI Qblast et blastcl3

aurelie.bornot at free.fr aurelie.bornot at free.fr
Thu Jun 2 10:00:29 EDT 2005

Hi everybody !

I don't know very well all the questions of client/servor and so ..
But I have a question :
I used for my program the qblast function of biopython that connect the NCBI by
the URLAPI Qblast system. And I am very happy like this ;)
but I have learned recently the existence of the Blastcl3 client...
And I wonder why biopython chose URLAPI ??

Could someone be very very nice and explain me the differences between the 2,
the pros and the cons...?
I am looking forward becoming less ignorant.. ;)

Thank you very much !
Aurélie