[BioPython] Problems with MMCIFlex module

Matias Saavedra matomatias at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 5 01:54:23 EDT 2005

Hi, i have a big problem trying to use Biopython: when i want to import the
PDB module, i get the following error message:

>>>from Bio.PDB import *
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<input>", line 1, in ?
  File
"/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages/biopython-1.30/Bio/PDB/__init__.py",
line 13, in ?
    from MMCIFParser import MMCIFParser
  File
"/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages/biopython-1.30/Bio/PDB/MMCIFParser.py",
line 6, in ?
    from MMCIF2Dict import MMCIF2Dict
  File
"/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages/biopython-1.30/Bio/PDB/MMCIF2Dict.py",
line 2, in ?
    import Bio.PDB.mmCIF.MMCIFlex
ImportError: No module named MMCIFlex

There is no module named MMCIFlex, and i have been trying to erase the
modules that need MMCIFlex, but i always get a new error message.
What can i do?  I really need to use the PDB module in my work.

Thanks for helping me.

Matias Saavedra
Institut Pasteur
Informatique en biologie