[BioPython] Biopython and windows

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Jan 31 08:58:14 EST 2005

Eirik Sønneland wrote:
> Hi!
> I'm using biopython in my Master project and can't figure out how to make
> separate folders to keep track of different scripts etc. When installing
> Python24 it seems like I need to save all my python files in the main
> 'Python24' folder to be able to run them. If this is the case it will be a
> mess, not beeing able to separate my files into different folders(ex.
> inside main folder'Python24').
>
> Can anybody advice me on this matter?

You should be able to run a Python script stored anywhere on your
computer.  It should run with its location as its current directory
(something to be aware of when reading or writing files).

I confess that I am still using Python 2.3, and the way installation
program was created has been changed for Python 2.4

PhD Student
MOAC Doctoral Training Centre
University of Warwick, UK