[BioPython] Job Posting: Bioinformatics Programmer, Duke University (Durham, NC, USA)

paul m pmmagic at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 12:45:54 EST 2005

Dear BioPythoneers,

My lab is looking to hire a bioinformatics programmer to participate
in research focused on comparative and functional genomics. I'm trying
to hire somebody local to the triangle area (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel
Hill) who can become part of the intellectual atmosphere of the lab.
The job description as posted to the Python jobs website follows
below.

Cheers,

Paul Magwene
Assistant Professor
Dept of Biology
Duke University

JOB DESCRIPTION:  Bioinformatics programmer sought for position in the
Department of Biology, Duke University. Be part of a team of
researchers using computational and experimental tools to study genome
evolution.  Python is our preferred development language, but the
person filling this position will also use C/C++ and/or Fortran to
implement numerically intensive algorithms.

QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelors or Masters degree in bioinformatics,
computer science, or molecular biology/evolution with 3+ years
programming experience.  Candidates must have demonstrated
capabilities in algorithm development and experience using
bioinformatics tools and databases (BLAST, Ensembl, etc).

* **Contact**: Dr. Paul Magwene
* **E-mail contact**: paul.magwene at duke.edu
* **Other Contact Info**: Department of Biology, Duke University, Durham, NC
* **Web**: http://biology.duke.edu/magwenelab/