[BioPython] Regarding Blast and its output parsing

Iddo Friedberg idoerg at burnham.org
Tue Feb 22 17:53:49 EST 2005

Sameet Mehta wrote:

> Dear all,
> Can the entire qblast API be used with Biopython.  I just downloaded
> and installed the latest version, before that i had installed the
> latest CVS.  But there doesnt seem to be a way to blast a particular
> genome using biopython.  Is there a way out.
>
> regards
> Sameet

It's slightly unclear what you are trying to do, and the actual answer
would vary by that:

1) Are you trying to blast a single sequence (or a collection of
sequences) against a genome? Or vice -versa?

2) Do you want to do this with a standalone BLAST, or over the web?

Best,

Iddo

--
Iddo Friedberg, Ph.D.