[BioPython] BLAST Parser hsp.end

kumar s ps_python at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 11 13:36:04 EST 2005

Hello all:

I am new to BioPython. I want to parse a gene to human
genome sequence and after a quick surfing of
documentation, I have some basic questions.

1. I took a BLAST output from a local blast. I blaster
a cDNA sequence to Human genome - ref_hs_chr11.fa (
Human genome chromosome 11).

I parsed the blast output and wanted to print the
sbjct Start and Sbjct end.

>From the class diagram in the docs. I do not see the
hsp.sbjct_end.

How can i Print the end of an alignment.

2. Can I BLAST human genome at NCBI by running BLAST
over the internet.  In the link provided in the
documentation,
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/BLAST/blast_databases.shtml

only some databases are there, how do I choose Human
genome blast.

Eg.
from Bio.Blast import NCBIWWW
b_results = NCBIWWW.blast('blastn', 'nr', f_record)

what should I feed in in the place of nr - for human
genome.

Any ideas.

Thanks