[BioPython] BioPython/BioSQL Status? How to move forward?

Kael Fischer kael.fischer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 18:10:04 EDT 2005

Hi all:

I am involved in a metagenomic project that needs a powerful, fast and
relational database.  After some study of the schema I have decided I
would like to try to use BioSQL.  Numerous issues with
BioPython/BioSQLhave come up.

Of course I have been doing a lot of Googlin' and CVS browsing to see
what people have found before me, with limited success.  Although
BioSQL has some documentation problems, from what I can tell there are
a lot of BioPython specific problems too.  At least there are problems
we can start to work on on the BioPython side.

I am wondering if there is interest here to get into the nuts and bolts of this.

In particular:
1)  How much interest, in general, is there in BioSQL and BioPython
playing well together?
2)  Where should I send my patches?

Rgds,
Kael

--
Kael Fischer, Ph.D
DeRisi Lab - Univ. Of California San Francisco