[BioPython] Changes in NCBI BLAST output format !!??

Alexander A. Morgan amorgan at mitre.org
Tue Aug 2 16:07:50 EDT 2005

Hello:
    I've just run into the same problem, and I haven't seen a suggested
fix go by, so I apologize if this is redundant information, but it seems
that the files I've been getting from NCBI have a <p> removed from the
header between the "RID: " line and the "<p>Query" line, and it is just
a blank line now.  If you edit Bio.Blast.NCBIWWW to not look for the
"<p>", it seems to work okay.

class _Scanner:
   def _scan_header(self, uhandle, consumer):

    change:
        attempt_read_and_call(uhandle, consumer.noevent, start='<p>')
    to: