[BioPython] Name of database for NCBIWWW.qblast

Eirik Sønneland eirik.sonneland at student.umb.no
Mon Apr 18 04:30:56 EDT 2005

Dear all,

I'm writing my Master on SNP mining in BOS TAURUS (using Biopython) as a
part of the BOVINE genome sequencing project. My question  is:

Q: from NCBI Trace Archives i get my FASTA and .scf
files(chromatograms). I want to (MEGA)BLAST these FASTA files against
the BOVINE CONTIGS using Biopython code:

 b_results = NCBIWWW.qblast('blastn', '???????', f_record).read().

When reading the NCBI infosite  I can find some databases but not the
BOVINE CONTIGS on http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/BLAST/docs/netblast.html
. What is the name of this database to put into my code?

An answer to this would really help allot! Please....:-)

Thank you !

Regards,
Eirik Sønneland
www.south-pole.net