[BioPython] suggestions for Bio.PDB

thamelry at binf.ku.dk thamelry at binf.ku.dk
Sun Apr 17 09:39:54 EDT 2005

Hi,

> Would it be possible for the get_structure() method in PDBParser to
> accept a filehandle

You're not the first to suggest this - it's already in
the CVS version, also for generating PDB output with PDBIO.

> Another suggestion: it could be useful to keep a record of the read
> structure, just in case the user would like to benefit from biopython
> PDB modules, but also do some custom analysis.

I don't think this would be very useful, it's easy enough to just read in
the file separately.

BTW, I'm soon going to start to implement a parser for the new
PDB XML format. Any suggestions, comments, etc. regarding this
are welcome.

Cheers,

-Thomas