[BioPython] Exclusion limits

Cymon Cox cymon at duke.edu
Fri Apr 1 14:37:10 EST 2005

Hi Laura,

On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 13:22, Laura A. Katz wrote:
> How can I alter my GB search scripts to exclude the following:
>
> __ exclude ESTs __ exclude STSs __ exclude GSS __ exclude TPA
> __ exclude working draft __ exclude patents __ exclude all of the above

According to this page:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/Class/NAWBIS/Modules/InfoHubs/Exercises/infohubs_qa_ests_exclude.html

you should be able to add the qualifiers to the end of your search
string:

NOT gbdiv_est[prop] NOT gbdiv_sts[prop] NOT gbdiv_gss[prop] NOT
gbdiv_tpa[prop] NOT gbdiv_pat[prop] etc

I'm guessing at the latter and I dont know what the qualifier for
working draft might be...

Cymon

Note I'm replying to the Biopython list here for reference...

> Note: these exclusion sets appear under 'limits' on the NCBI web browser.

Cymon J. Cox
Research Associate
Department of Biology
Duke University