[BioPython] first,last sequence # in PDB file

Douglas Kojetin djkojeti at unity.ncsu.edu
Wed Nov 3 14:22:07 EST 2004

Hi All-

I've tried (for awhile) to figure this out ... can anyone tell me how
to extract the first and last sequence number in a PDB file?  If the
PDB started at 1, I could figure it out easily from the sequence length
(code from a recent post).  But, what about, for example, when the PDB
starts with residue 5 and ends on residues 120. I /tried/ to dig
through the documentation for a reference to sequence numbers ... it's
probably just a problem with my eyes!

Thanks,
Doug