[BioPython] PHI-BLAST support?

Paal Puntervoll pal at cbu.uib.no
Thu Mar 25 06:06:29 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm wondering whether BioPython supports doing PHI-BLAST searches (locally),
and whether parsing of PHI-BLAST output information such as pattern positions
is supported (see below)?

Excerpet from PHI-BLAST output
-------
Query:  541  SEGHGVSLGSSLASPDLKMGNLQNSPVNMNPPPLSKMGSLDSKDCFGLYGEPSEGTTGQA 600
pattern 557                  ****
             SEGHGVSLGSSLASPDLKMGNLQNSPVNMNPPPLSKMGSLDSKDCFGLYGEPSEGTTGQA
Sbjct:  541  SEGHGVSLGSSLASPDLKMGNLQNSPVNMNPPPLSKMGSLDSKDCFGLYGEPSEGTTGQA 600
-------

btw, here's the command I issue to run PHI-BLAST from command-line:

    blastpgp -i [infile] -k [patternfile] -p patseedp

Pål

--
Pål Puntervoll
Computational Biology Unit