[BioPython] Questions & suggestions

Thomas Hamelryck thamelry at binf.ku.dk
Fri Mar 19 04:23:01 EST 2004

Hi everybody,

I recently moved to a new position and of course immediately started
to convert my colleagues to (Bio)Python :-). One of the most often asked
questions with respect to Biopython here is "Does Biopython have the same
functionalities as Bioperl?". Is there a document somewhere that compares
BioPerl and BioPython? Would be REALLY useful.

Another question: is anybody using BioPerl from BioPython?
If so, how? BioCorba?

And then some suggestions: I think it's time to do something about the
Biopython documentation, and maybe remove some obsolete, incomplete and/or
unmaintained code. At the moment it's a bit difficult to get a good overview
of what is present and useable in Biopython, I think...

Brad, I vaguely remember that you mentioned something about replacing
HappyDoc? I'd be happy to help out....

Best regards,

---
Thomas Hamelryck